Thursday 10 March 2011

A birthday card in cross stitches

Last year, I made a little amigurami as a birthday card for each of the girls in my daughters class (see here for the link to last years birthday cards). This year, I wanted to sew something for them. So I looked through my cross stitch recipes, and found a book with some small fairies forming letters (see here for a link to the book). I decided to make a small pin cushion with the initial capital for each of the girls.



 







I have embroidered all of the letters, and made most of the pin cushions (see various pictures). The A stands for Ane, B for Bethine, E for Elida, Emilie and Elise, H for Hanne, I I for Ingrid Irene, M for Mia, S for Synne and T for Thelma. Two of the cushions are already given away, and the last one is given away in December.

 


 







I hope the girls like the cushions, and maybe I have inspired them to make some things themselves.


 

2 comments:

  1. How very sweet of you! What a wonderful gift for the children to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying to find this fairy patterns can you help need more info on book please.

    ReplyDelete